- This event has passed.
Rep 1 : Induction training, November 2017 Newcastle
November 15 @ 9:30 am - November 17 @ 4:30 pm
Rep 1: Induction
This course is aimed at all new UCU reps and branch officers and those who have been longer in post who have yet to attend UCU training. We encourage all UCU activists to attend the first module of this course regardless of which role is held within the branch.
Please note: As of 30th October, this course is fully booked.
This course will cover the following:
- the purpose of UCU, its structure, functions and democratic processes, and how you can get involved
- your role and other UCU roles within the branch
- your rights as a UCU rep
- how to apply a trade union approach to your work as a UCU activist
- how to develop a local campaign
- the relationship between organising and campaigning, sustainability and the overall effectiveness of the branch
- changes to equality legislation and help to embed equality into your work as a UCU rep
- how to apply equality good practice and UCU equality policy
- the support available to you as a UCU rep