- This event has passed.
UCU Rep 2 : Representing Members training : April 2018, Gateshead
April 25 @ 9:30 am - April 27 @ 4:30 pm
Rep 2 is aimed at UCU reps and branch officers who have previously completed the Rep 1 induction course. All UCU activists who have completed Rep 1 and carry out casework or intend to carry out casework should consider completing the full reps programme.
This course will cover the following:
- the individual and collective nature of union work
- best practice when advising and supporting members with issues
- how to interview a member
- the development of skills and knowledge enabling understanding of key legislation and procedures relating to the representation of members
- how to raise grievances looking at specific institutions policies & procedures
- practical advice for preparing documentation, witness statements and representation in casework
- progress cases using preparation, negotiation and planning skills
- best-practice guidance for representing members at formal hearings with management.